Tuesday, June 5, 2007

do you have to be confusin'?

There are a lot of songs with my name in them, even more if you count nickname variations like Susie. The best one I've heard is Susan by the Buckinghams. It starts out as this rather inane pop song that rhymes Susan with "confusin'" and "losin'," and ends with an unexpectedly freaky, chaotic instrumental outro. It's like two completely opposed 1960s aesthetics colliding.

That's just my favorite of what I've heard, but if anybody has any suggestions for other good Susan songs (or notably bad Susan songs I may not already know) feel free to let loose in the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Susie Cincinnati" by the Beach Boys

"Suzie Q" by Dale Hawkins (or Creedence Clearwater Revival if you prefer)

Susan said...

If I had a nickel for every time somebody sang that Suzie Q song to me (in the style of John Fogerty, of course) I could buy us both dinner at Veselka. Dang, now I'm thinking about it.