Thursday, June 21, 2007

cat funeral music

Back when my dear departed cat Maurice was still with me, my friend Chris came to visit me from Seattle and spent the afternoon in my apartment while I was at work. He put on a Sigur Ros album--I think it was Takk. Maurice apparently went up to one of my stereo speakers as soon as the album started and sat right in front of it for the length of the album. He went about his business as soon as it was over. Lately I've been thinking about having a sort of wake for Mo. When he died in March they gave me his ashes and I've just held on to them, but I think maybe I'm ready to scatter his ashes somewhere and do a little something to say goodbye. I might have to go out and get a copy of Takk to play at my little private memorial.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to attend the Maurice wake. Maybe we could go to Mansfield Dam to scatter the ashes.